GDPR Policy Statement (Updated 04.05.18)
- We may hold clients' details which may include names, private addresses, date of birth, tax and NI references, company number (if applicable), employer’s reference and name (if applicable), business details (if applicable) and details of past and present taxable income and gains and data on other taxes.
- We only hold this data solely to allow us to carry out our duties in providing accountancy and tax compliance and tax advisory services.
- We may send advisory updates/circulars to clients that relate to accountancy and tax matters, in order to fulfil our service obligations.
- We hold data electronically (and no paper records are kept).
- Our computer hard drives are destroyed before disposal.
- We retain data for at least as long as statute or regulations demand.
- We delete data ten years after we cease to act for you.
- We process and store data on our tax and accounting software and speadsheets.
- The only data stored in the 'Cloud' is:
b) Temporary use of Microsoft Onedrive for presentation purposes in meetings (data is removed immediately after the end of the meeting)
c) Emails (deleted from email account after two years).
- We do not allow any third party access to our data.
- We do not use third party contractors in our business.
- We do not use data for marketing.
- We do not sell or provide data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We will only share data with HMRC and HM Courts and Tribunal’s service, during the course of an enquiry or investigation or tax appeal if:
b) In the case of a Schedule 36 FA 2008 Information Notice, we have either been so authorised by a tribunal or we are compelled to provide data under the terms of a third party notice.
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal data held free of charge
- You have the right to request your personal data is deleted (but I will no longer be able to act as your accountant if you do).
- We are legally obliged to retain client identification and due diligence documentation for five years after we cease to act as your accountant (2017 Money Laundering Regulations).
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner.
'We' = The employees of Lucy Johnson Accountant Ltd, of which there is currently only one!